1.Membership Rewards points are earned for every full £1 spent onpurchases and charged per transaction at the following rates: one point for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction, two additional points for every full £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction on pre-paid hotels, flights, car hire and experiences at American Express Travel (excludes cruises and The Hotel Collection), one additional point for everyfull £1 spent on purchases and charged per transaction directly with airlines over the phone or online via their official website or affiliated mobile apps (only transactions made directly with the airline will be included for bonus Membership Rewards points, including but not limited to flights, car hire, package holidays and insurance. Bookings made with other travel agents, comparison sites and affiliates will not be included for bonusing) and one additional point for every equivalent £1 spent on your Card in a foreign currency. You may also be eligible for a welcome bonus, something you will have been notified about at the time of your application. If eligible, you can find out more about your welcome bonus by logging in to POnline Services once you have registered, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. Supplementary Card applications are not eligible for welcome bonus offers. Membership Rewards points are not earned on interest, fees including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre-paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds. More details about Membership Rewards, including full Terms and Conditions, can be found here.
2. American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Cards are equipped with contactless technology. One traditional Chip & PIN transaction must be completed on your new Card once you have activated it before you can make contactless payments. Contactless payments are possible at retailers with American Express contactless technology. Participating stores only. Please check in-store for details. For purchases of up to £100 at stores accepting American Express contactless. For more information visitamericanexpress.co.uk/contactless
3.For more information and to view Terms and Conditions, please read ourSafekey FAQs
4.If you are eligible to participate in the Referral Programme, youmay refer as many friends or family members as you wish but there are annual limits on the rewards you can earn through referrals. You can earn up to a maximum of 90,000 bonus Membership Rewards points per calendar for those approved for a Card. Please only refer friends and family who are happy to receive information from American Express. Your friend must apply via the link you share with them to ensure you both receive your bonus. If your friend has already applied for the Preferred Rewards Gold Card without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other personal American Express Cards in the past 24 months. Your Card Account’s eligibility to participate in the Referral Programme is based on your overall credit rating and other factors including your Account history with American Express.
5.2,500bonus Membership Rewards points will be awarded to your Account for each £5,000 of purchases you make within the 12-month period ending on the anniversary of your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Cardmembership. This is subject to a limit of 12,500 bonus Membership Rewards points. Each bonus of 2,500 bonus Membership Rewards points will be awarded to your Account within 90 days of the charges from the corresponding purchases being posted to your Account. The following charges are not valid charges for the purpose of calculating your spend accrual towards this bonus in a given year: interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of pre-paid Cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds. More details about Membership Rewards, including full Terms and Conditions, can be foundhere.
6.In order to fulfil your membership with Priority PassTM, American Express Services Europe Limited needs to share the information you have provided with Priority PassTM. We will also share your date of birth with Priority Pass for ongoing identification and Account validation purposes. To find out more on how American Express uses your information please clickhere. Priority Pass will use the information solely for the purpose of providing their services, and will not share it with any third parties. You can find more details on Priority Pass’s complete privacy notice athttps://prioritypass.com/en/privacy-notice.
You will be entitled to four complimentary lounges visits each year you hold avalid Preferred Rewards Gold Card. These may be used by the primary Cardmember, or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have been approved for your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your Priority Pass™ card to arrive in the post. In order to access Priority Pass lounges, the Cardmember must present a valid Priority Pass membership in his or her name, along with the boarding pass for same-day travel and government-issued ID. Subsequent years’ renewal Terms and Conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass. For complete conditions of use visit prioritypass.com. Access to the Priority Pass lounges may be subject to availability or wait times.Your Gold Card benefit is only available at selected lounges. To view the full list of participating airport lounges, login atprioritypass.com. Please read the Priority Pass conditions of use for more information. You will agree to abide by the conditions of use as contained in the lounge listing. You also agree that lounges may charge lounge usage fees at the prevailing rate, and to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, for any lounge visits that exceed the four complimentary lounge visits per membership year. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of Priority Pass and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them.
9. Valid for new bookings with participating providers of at least two consecutive nights made online throughamericanexpress.co.uk/travelor withThe Hotel CollectionBooking site. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Preferred Rewards Gold Cardmember’s name. This benefit is for Preferred Rewards Cardmembers only. The Gold Cardmember must travel on the itinerary booked. The Cardmember will receive the credit as a deduction from the final hotel bill when checking out of the hotel; they will receive $1 for each eligible dollar spent up to $100 USD. Eligible charges exclude charges for taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room. Additional exclusions based on specific hotel restrictions may also apply (including without limitation purchases within the hotel that are unaffiliated and/or owned by third parties) - see hotel front desk for details. Credit must be used in conjunction with initial stay and cannot be carried over to another stay, is not redeemable for cash and expires at check-out. Credit is non-exchangeable and non-refundable and is applied in USD or equivalent in local currency based on exchange rate on day of arrival. Limit one credit per room, per stay. Room upgrade is based on availability and eligibility at check-in. Three-room limit per Cardmember per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating providers and benefits subject to change. Benefits are not awarded for stays less than 2 nights. Bookings for participating hotels at The Hotel Collection made online atamericanexpress.co.uk/travelwill not earn 2 additional Membership Rewards points for every £1 spent, but will be earned at the normal rate of 1 point for every £1 spent. Payment must be made with American Express Card only, Cardmembers are not able to pay with Membership Rewards points for bookings made with The Hotel Collection.
10. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrolment is required to access the benefits, please enrol atHertz.com/AmexBenefits10% off Hertz's publicly available retail car rental rates excludes Special Offers, and is offered at time of booking at participating Hertz locations worldwide. One-car-class upgrade applies to standard vehicles only, on rentals of five consecutive days or more, and is subject to availability. Fee-Waived Additional Driver, must be requested at rental location prior to collection and is subject to meeting Hertz's driving requirements. In all cases, a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card must be registered as the form of payment in your Gold Plus Reward membership profile. Benefits are only available for new reservations and Terms Apply - visit the website for full Terms and ConditionsHertz.com/AmexBenefitsReservations can be made viaamericanexpress.co.uk/travel,hertz.com,Hertz.com/AmexBenefitsor through Hertz worldwide telephone reservations when the member’s Preferred Rewards Gold Card benefits-enabled Gold Plus Rewards membership number is entered prior to completion of the booking.
11.Enrolment in the Avis Preferred programme is required to receive this benefit, and enrolment must be completed via the enrolment process at https://member.avisworld.com/americanexpress. All Avis Preferred Terms and Conditions apply; to view these, visitwww.avis.co.uk/your-avis/avis-loyalty. American Express reserves the right to instruct Avis to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Gold Cardmember or your Card Account is not in good standing. Car upgrades are subject to availability and the benefit does not apply to the hire of vans or cars within Avis’s Luxury, Select Series and Prestige ranges. Upgrades are also not available on hires of longer than 14 days. Free additional driver must meet the same minimum requirements for main drivers as set out on the Avis website. The free weekend voucher is awarded once per loyalty year after completion of the third paid Avis rental within that loyalty year. Free weekend rentals are available for a minimum of two days, and do not include fuel, optional extra services or airport surcharges. A member’s loyalty year is the 12-month period running from the date of original sign-up to Avis Preferred, and each 12-month period thereafter.
12. Products that are booked on the American Express Travel UKwebsiteamericanexpress.co.uk/travel, which are not prepaid, but are paid directly to the supplier (i.e. The Hotel Collection properties) are not eligible to earn the additional Membership Rewards points. When paying with a combination of your American Express Card and Membership Rewards points, only the value applied to the Card is eligible to earn Membership Rewards points. Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply when booking through American Express Travel.To view the full Terms and Conditions click here call +44 0800 917 8053 to request a copy. Please allow up to 10 weeks for Membership Rewards points to be credited to your account. To earn or exchange Membership Rewards points, Cards must be registered to the American Express Membership Rewards programme, and be active and current in their payments. Bookings are subject to the full American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please click here.
13. Tickets are limited and subject to availability. Tickets must be purchased using your American Express Card. Please note that American Express Invites refers to the name of the American Express programme rather than a description of ticket type. For full Terms and Conditions, visitamericanexpress.co.uk/invites.
14. Offer Terms and Conditions apply. Please see individual offers for details.
15. Please read theInsurance Documentationfor full details of the Protection benefits currently available and to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
16. Subject to application and approval. Supplementary Cards are issuedunder and subject to the Terms and Conditions of your existing Cardmember Agreement, and as the main Cardmember, you will be responsible for paying all charges on any Supplementary Cards which are added to your Account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be aged 18 or over. As part of the fee, main account holders receive 1 Supplementary Card for free. Thereafter, £45 if you are on an annual fee or £4 per month if a monthly fee is applied to your Card.
17. If you do not pay your balance in full you may incur interest onyour outstanding balance. You will still be required to pay your minimum due payments. If you only make minimum payments, it will take you longer and may cost you more to clear the outstanding balance.
American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Copyright©2022. American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.